Thursday, January 22, 2009

So its been a long time since I've written on here. I went home for Christmas which was really good.Busy. But good. It was so good to see friends and family. I've now been back in Shell for about 2 weeks. This is the 2nd full week of school and it's gone pretty well. We have new books! We are using Saxon for math and I am using 2 different books for ESL. We have been switching between math and english everyday. The kidslike english days better because it includes more hands on activities. I am currently in the process of makingcards for Time Telling Bingo since we are learning how to tell time in math. It's kind of a tidious task but willbe well worth it when I am done and I think it will really help the kids to have more fun in math.
Other things that have been going on outside of school:
I am living in a different house than when I was here before Christmas. Its going really well. The girl I livewith is also named Melissa. It's been really great getting to know her and finding out how much we have in common. It's great how well we get along. We never miss having coffee together every afternoon even if we can only spendfive minutes talking. This last week I had an incredible tooth ache and found out that I need to have a root canal. eeekk! Good thingis it's a lot cheaper here than in the states.. but unfortunately I have been spending a lot of my time at the dentist 4 hours at a time (mostly waiting for a 15 minute process to take place). I can't wait until it is finished.Maybe something to pray about...SPEEDY TOOTH RECOVERY. haha
Oh speaking of praying..I have forwarded some of you an email from my friends Craig and Celeste. Celeste and their 4 year old daughter have some health issues. If you think about it their whole family could really use your prayers.
Next week will be the first week for a group coming to help out with the building of the new community buildingon the property. That should be a pretty rad expirience. Getting to meet new people as they come through to build and help out at the orphanage.
Also starting in March I will be having visitors! That will be so great that friends will be able to come down and see all the things going on here. 2 weeks in March, 2 weeks in April and then from May 15th until I leave!
Ohh, I started a Book/Bible Study with some of the other missionary women in Shell. We are reading the book HAVING A MARY HEART IN A MARTHA WORLD. I am really excited to get to know some of the other women better and having a group to study with since I can hardly understand anything in church.
I am also going to start helping out with "Spotlight" on Thursday nights at Alexanders. It's a program to helpteach other people in the Shell community to speak english while also sharing Gods word and love. Tonight willbe the first night that I am going. Ummmmm...I dont know if I am forgetting to mention anything else. I think I have it all covered. I will try and keep this updated more often :)
Also if you want to chat I have MSN and SKYPE as well as an internet phone that only works half of the time...
MSN- missie8085@hotmail.com
SKYPE- Melissa.Medlin
INTERNET PHONE- 816-984-2556
Lets talk!

No comments: