Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It's been a while....

Two blog posts. Almost a month apart.

Sorry :)

3-18
March has flown by so fast. I don't even know where all this time has gone?! This week I have a new student in my class. Her name is Talia.She came to the orphanagewith her 2 younger sisters. Their mom died and their dad is an alcoholic.The landlord oftheir apartment was offering them food but only if he could get "favors" in return. They were at the orphanage a few weeks ago for the weekend but the police took them back to be with their father. The returned again this last friday on their own. NowPatti Sue has custody of them until the police do an investigation. Which I guess can takeup to a couple of years? PTL that they are with us and are safe. They all seem to really love being at Casa De Fe. They enjoyed going to church yesterday, they new food they are recieving and the love from everyone who works with Casa De Fe. Talia even started to usesome of the english the other kids have been using.
This next weekend I will be traveling to Quito! My best friend Kallie is coming to visit! I am super excited to have her here for 2 weeks to help out. It's going to be a busy couple weeks. But extremely fun. I'm really really looking forward to seeing her. The last few days she is herewe are going to take a trip to the beach! I haven't been yet, so what better way to spend Easter weekend than on the beach?
4-15
I haven't updated in a really long time. I started updating in March and never finished.I have been really busy with Kallie visiting and going to the beach over Easter weekend. The last two weeks have been really insane as far as just constantly doing things.It was nice to have someone from home here. A best friend at that. I got to show Kallie a lot of what is around Ecuador even things that I hadn't been able to see yet. We also made a lot of new friends. I think I feel more at home here now than I have yet.I am going to be sad to be away for the 2 months that I am home, but extremely happyto see everyone I love and miss. The school year with only a little over 2 months lefthas gone by extremely fast, though at times it seemed slow. Next year will be so differentfrom this year with everyone that I know here this year leaving. Even some of the Ecuadorians.Not leaving Ecuador, just places farther than a simple bus ride away. Also we are going to beworking with a lady who is going to do all the administrative aspect of the school. Next year withthe kids will be more organized. They are doing good this year learning a lot of english. Next year they will get all the subjects that a normal school would offer. God's really been providing a lot.It's neat to see his hand working. To see him teaching, providing, healing. Sometimes I get too busy doing "stuff" that I don't step back and stop to see how he really has a part in everything.I hope everyone is doing well. I feel very behind on everything back home. I'm sorry I have not kept in better touch or updated more recent. Email me and tell me whats going on. <3<3

No comments: