Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Life At The Dentist...........

Today started out like any normal day. Wake up, coffee, check my email, breakfast, get ready for school, walk to school, teach, home for lunch, dentist office, home, ect. ect. ect.

Yes. Going to the denist is part of at least 3 days of my week.
It started out about 2-2 1/2 weeks ago...during class I aquired this massive tooth ache and had to end class early. Patti Sue drove me to the dentist to find out I had an infection in my tooth. So then that consisted of going to the dentist every other day to get it drilled on and filled with medicine and then a temporary filling. My tooth was not getting better and it was decided to have a root canal. So last week I had a painful root canal. Still...the infection is not healing. So in order to get rid of the infection and save the rest of my teeth, the only option is to pull the tooth that has the infection. So today I went in and had my tooth pulled. Friday I go back to have it checked up to make sure the infection is gone and get the rest of my teeth cleaned. Its been a really long 2 1/2 weeks with most of my afternoons spent at the dentist. So I pray that this friday is the last time I have to go to the dentist for the next...what is it? Sixs months? For a normal check up and cleaning. I could go the rest of my life without having to deal with any of this again. However, it has reminded me of trust. How I can trust the Lord to get me through any situation and that in the end I will be just fine. Even if it takes 2 1/2 weeks or more to get the answers to our prayers. (and this is just a TINY situation compared to most)

I have recently started to read my Bible in Chronological order. Reading in Job and how the Lord tested him so much taking away everything from him and making him ill really helped remind me of how small this was in comparison. I think in some situations people might ask "Why are you putting me through this?" and although we may never know exactly we just have to trust that God will never give us more than we can handle, even if it seems like we can't take it anymore. We need to learn to rest in God through our troubles. Jesus was sleeping on the boat. Not on the relaxing waves but through a fierce storm.


<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Matthew 11:28-30

No comments: