Monday, June 6, 2011

Support Letter



So here is a really small image of my support letter. I can not figure out how to actually upload it onto this blog.
It reads...

Dear Friends and Family,
After being in Kansas City for a year, God has called me back to Shell, Ecuador to teach at La Casa de Fe Orphanage. I always knew that it was God's plan for me to end up there again, but I didn't imagine that it would be this soon! I am very excited to be the Art and Music teacher for the next school year! I am also blessed to be a new member of the CornerStone International family. CornerStone is a non-denominational missions organization that exists to train, equip, send and cover those who are called to cross-cultural missions. I spent a weekend at their missions base in Kentucky getting to know them and beginning to prepare for Ecuador. I am so thrilled to be going back to my other home and to have the chance to see the kids at Casa de Fe grow for another year.Previous to this past year in Kansas City, I was a volunteer teacher at this orphanage for two years. It is named La Casa de Fe (The House of Faith) and that is exactly what it is. It is home for about 60 abandoned and special needs children. The first year I was there, I taught 4th-6th grade Math and English. The second year, I taught Kindergarten. I learned so much more of how great God's love for us really is and how much He provides for us in ways that we sometimes don't even see. My budget for the nine month school year is $8,000. This includes everything...housing, food, travel, health insurance, supplies, etc. Would you like to be apart of my support team? Please see the enclosed insert for info. Thank you!

In Love,

Melissa












If you'd like to help support my trip

please make checks out to and send to:


CornerStone International

PO BOX 192

Wilmore, KY 40390



Write "ST-Medlin" in the memo of the check.


You may also donate by paypal, automatic withdraw or credit card on CornerStone's website..
www.cornerstoninternational.org/staff-short-term






No comments: