Saturday, March 19, 2011

I haven't even looked at this...in...forever!

DANZA KUDURO





I am so bad at blogging! It's been about a year and a half since I've even really thought about writing on this thing. Good thing that the people who read it, are also my fb friends and probably are caught up, sort of, with whats going on in my life.





I've been back in Kansas City for about....9 months. Working at a daycare at a country club called The Carriage Club. I like it! It's really flexible and kids are kids! However, these kids, instead of playing with anything they can find on the ground, like empty yogurt containers, play with their Iphones that they get for being good for a week. They do still play some of the same games and when watching a movie or reading a story say "I'm Superman, I'm the bad guy, I'm the princess, I'm the blah blah blah"-whatever the best character in the story/movie is. :-)


I always loved when my class would do that last year.





SO, in January I got to take a little trip and visit Casa De Fe and see the new building! IT IS BEAUTIFUL! <3 href="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kTHpbUPPPAQ/TYS-yCYHocI/AAAAAAAAAEY/b7wGljHHszQ/s1600/1.jpg">


This is an unfinished sample of the baby cacoons that I am making. I want to add buttons and some other decoration stuff to this.



I have been thinking about moving back to Ecuador in August, to teach again. If you guys would be so kind as to pray for me and direction and wisdom and all that stuff I need to correctly decide , that would be great and infinitely appreciated.



Princess Nicole ;-)




OH! Remember Jefferson? He was in my class last year. Anyway, this year he was adopted by a family in Kentucky! He's been doing really great in school and at home. He loves his family and tomorrow he is having his very first BIRTHDAY PARTY! He called me the other day! I got to talk to him on the phone! It made my whole week. He told me about school and how he always gets smiley stickers, how his favorite part of school is recess and lunch. He loves to eat chicken nuggets and hot dogs with ketchup. It was so good to hear his voice and talk to him and hear how happy he is! His English is so good that they wouldn't even accept him in the ESL program! He is doing a excelled reading program! And he has friends at school that speak Spanish, so that he doesn't loose it since he refuses to speak Spanish with his family :-)

No comments: